Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ideas for valve train

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas for valve train

I was wondering what kind of set up i should use for my rockers and springs.. I have a comp xr281 cam with a 230 dur. and 573 lift I was told to use the stock rockers I had to go to a smaller push rod because i was giving the lifters too much preload. Now when i have the rocker arms bolted down the stock rocker setup rubs the valve spring retainers.. Im not sure what kind of springs and retainers are on the head they came with it. Ohh the cyl. heads are 6.0. I was hoping to go FI next year but i want the get the engine straight right now. Any way is there some sort of stud i should be using to lift the rocker arms up higher? should i be using push rod guides..lol please anyhelp its a mess. the retainers are ruined now cause i didnt notice them rubbing till tooo late so i have to take the retainers out anway so maybe i can get new springs so i at least know whats on there.. I jsut need to know a set up I can use that will work with each other...

thanks eric
Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would convert it to adjustable valvetrain and then re-measure for correct pushrod length. A swap to aftermarket rockers may also be a good idea.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Teching In

i just had the comp ajustable rockers in it before and i could never get them quiet ..They were such a pain to ajust.. for the stock ones all you need is 22pounds torque and make sure the rocker bolt doesnt rotate more then 1.75 turns till torque if i does i would have to go with a shorter push rod ..ajustables how do i measure what about springs and retainers any opinions?