Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam help questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam help questions

ok i have tried searching but cant quiet find the answers i need...first question is although i know the biggest cam isnt always the best but i would jus like to know what limits how big of a cam i go ...some say the trex is the biggest wit stock heads but whta exactly do you need to replace to go bigger then that? also what are some good springs, rods, lifters, and rockers to go with if your gonna do a big cam swap....also is there anything else i should do at the same time such as a timing chain if so what is a good one of those.. i really apreciate your help..and jus for the info i cant afford to do heads right now!!!! not enough cash

thanks guys

seth
Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best thing to do is get with a good sponsor and consult with the your goals and what your going to do with it in the future, some setup are totally different and can't be run different ways!How everything fits is another thing the way the cam is ground &lift and all play into what will fit!If ya wait on heads you will have top take in what kind of clearance you'll have when ya put the heads on!Alot of companys are doing the ported stock size vale deals that makes alot of the bigger cams clear better!So I guess good luck! All these options we have are hard decision's!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone else have any imput??