Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecu

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu

I recently added a "Total Engine Control" computer by Electromotive to my 2004 Z06. The stock computer was not removed. It manages all other engine functions except engine performance. Since adding the TEC computer, I now receive two messages intermittently in my display pannel. The first message is "Reduced engine power", and the second message is "Service traction control". These messages are coming from the stock computer that came with my car, not the TEC computer, which manages all engine functions. I believe this is due to the stock compter recognizing that there is no throttle body because it has been disconnected from the stock computer.

Does anyone know how to turn off these two messages or disconnect the wires that carry them?

Grant
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about contacting TEC? You also may get more help in the PCM forum of this website than here. My initial thought is 'reduced engine power' needs resolved, not just the light turned off.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the response and the suggestion to post in the PCM forum. I know why the message is coming on...there is no reduction in engine power. The stock computer is giving this message due to the throttle body being rewired to the TEC computer.

Grant
Old 07-07-2006, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Understand, just making sure the stock PCM isn't doing anything to hamper the power output!