Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Body may be dead :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

upstate ny orange county area.. guess what fellaz i just found out that my mechanic wants 2 buy my car now... imagine haha fuc* that, gettin my boy for a trustworthy examination and hopefully be up and runnin if not ima have a new corvette 350 in there
Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW I thought upstate was Albany on north.

Sorry to far to help, but good luck.

John
Old 08-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

do this man. buy the 5.3 L and bore it out to 3.9" you have all the parts you need already. its cheaper than an LS1 and it makes a better engine
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Launching!

tell me more
Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Wow guy.. those guys are fucken morons.. They dont know wtf they are doing as a matter of fact i highly doubt they even took your **** apart! but i highly recomend you invest in a LS6 oil pump... and you should not have driven it without oil pressure come on man.. id rather walk a few miles then pay a few k for a new otor thats one expensive ride dont ya think? But your mototr sounds gone.. sorry.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Wow guy.. those guys are fucken morons.. They dont know wtf they are doing as a matter of fact i highly doubt they even took your **** apart! but i highly recomend you invest in a LS6 oil pump... and you should not have driven it without oil pressure come on man.. id rather walk a few miles then pay a few k for a new otor thats one expensive ride dont ya think? But your mototr sounds gone.. sorry.
LS6 is same as LS1 oil pump. Tow the car to your friend who knows what he is doing. Oh and tell that shop to take the 48" concrete ***** out of your ***.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, you could. You would need all the rest of the parts for the A4 to M6 swap, and you could prolly take the PCM off of the vette as well. You'd need the oil pan off your car too. But all in all, ya you can use that engine.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

You are being screwed by them for sure.

As for the C5 motor you are fine with that. Its the PCM you need to worry about if its a M6 or A4 and since that isnt what is messed up, your fine
Old 08-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Launching!

well the c5 motor i was lookin at is auto and i have a manual tranny soo i dunno but i wanna keep it manual....I also found alot of ws6 ls1's that i can just throw in there. Im pickin this car up within the next 2 days from this frieken shop thats tryin 2 screw me and bringin it to either my friend or my trusted mechanic depending on how much this mechanic is gonna quote me on for install of a new engine. My friend can do it for free but hes always busy soo and i wanna be up n runnin as soon as i can. See I dont even know if i can trust what this mechanic said about these bearings because he just wants 2 take the car off my hands and i aint gettin rid of my baby. My problem as of right now is i dont know if i need a full engine or just a block or what the heck i need cuz im not even sure if i can trust this mechanic. Im gettin it towed at looked sometime within the next 2 days we'll see. out of these engines lemme kno whatchya reccomend? My other mechanic told me not 2 shop on ebay and try a site called jaspermotors for this kinda stuff cuz most of the engines on ebay are crap but i dunno i wanna get this done cheap as possible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-s...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-L...18224927QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...QQcmdZViewItem

HEEEEELLLp!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude, don't shop for engines on e-bay....the engine that you linked looks good for $500, but the seller has ZERO refferals.... You're gonna get screwed....

If you don't mind me asking what is the maximum you can spend on your car to get it going ? Do you still have a lot of payments on your car ? Are they big, and do you have a stable full-time job ?

I said it once, and I'll sey it again....get a complete pakcage from one of the sponsors, and have a shop install it....
Old 08-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Launching!

well my car is fully paid for, I got a job but it doesnt really pay i have like 2000-3500 total to spend as of now... if i keep my car gargaged possibly til the spring season I will hopefully have 5k its just i wanna get my car runnin soon before the season's over and i have 2 put it away in October. I just dont know what the problem is as of now, cuz i dont trust the mechanics where my car is resting right now and there trying to beat me in the head for being a 21 year old driver. Its very possible that my engine is dead but the dude just talks fast and looks nervous when talkin to me and then tries 2 convince me to sell my car to him .. Shaddy! all he really said was my bearing was cracked and i need a new motor and is tryin 2 charge me 5k. What would you people do? and $ wise whats my best option. I have my winter beater car 2 drive around for now but i want my baby back
Old 08-10-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's what you do:

1) Pick up your car and have it towed to a safe place
2) Save additional 3 grand, add to the 3 you have and have a reputable shop in install a little short block.

Trust me you're being screwed by the current mechanic, at least pick up the car and see for your self if the car's broken. Be patient, don't be hasty, research on this forum what options are available.

There's nothing worse than making an uneducated decision.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Launching!

yea i guess thats what ima have to do.. im not a huge engine guru though soo im gonna let my buddy look at it. Damn 6 g's is crazy im pissed bc my motor only had like 60k on it be4 its death if its even dead and believe me i realize how retarted i am for drivin it a block or 2 like that but i needed 2 pull 2 the side of the road. I really think its the oil pump that caused it but who knows i'll keep you guys posted about everything when i finally really find out whats wrong with my car... if you guys had 2 guess, do you think its dead completely? or do i just need a new block or what... lemme kno keep me in the loop ppoooice
Old 08-10-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'm in ulster county in wallkill. If you wanna sell your car let me know. I know someone local who stripped a LS1 that was in the wreck aution. I know he has a couple of low mile engines but he won't let them go cheap. I'll check with him on how much. I would guess around 3k. He is a city of Newburgh cop and is a good guy that wouldn't screw anybody.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Launching!

sweet lemme find out whats wrong with the car first, so im not buying an entire engine if i don't need it. If i do need one i will definetly get in touch with you lemme get some more info about the motor like miles etc..
Old 08-10-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rynofasho
LS6 is same as LS1 oil pump.
Their application is the same. The pumps themselves are different. The LS1 pump is no longer made. The LS6 pump is the replacement for all cars that formerly used the LS1 pump.

To the thread starter. How about getting a nice new short-block and finding a friend that can help you do the work. Or check out your local car club for a decent mechanic. I would not go the ebay route.

Sorry for your bad luck.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Launching!

thanx for the advice yea loads of badluck but maybe its a blessing if i get a nice short block especially if its a lil more powerful then the old 1 that would b sweet
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rynofasho
LS6 is same as LS1 oil pump. Tow the car to your friend who knows what he is doing. Oh and tell that shop to take the 48" concrete ***** out of your ***.
Ya its a lil dif they replaced the older ones with it guy..besides these pumps suck so you gotta change em..
Old 08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahaah run from these people... lets look at the facts 1) tells you your car is broke... needs new engine. 2)Decides if you don't want to pay the rediculous amount these fools quoted you he would conveniently take it off your hands, for very little $$ however-after all, your engine is gone. 3) This 'mechanic' tells you a C5 vette engine won't go in you TA. C5 Engine=LS1 TA/Firebird Formula Engine=LS1. yuup... sounds like you'de have major problems strappin that thing in. Take everyone else's advice and go somewhere else. Then come back and poke the 'mechanic' in the eyes for me
Old 08-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Fuc* pokin em im goin out screamin n kickin haha with a big gooo F urself
triple a towed me there i should of known