Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does this sound like??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What does this sound like??

I have not been able to get my car to my friends house with his diagnostic program, but the other night when I was driving home I was in 5th gear doing about 45mph so my RPM speed whas at about 1600-1800 RPM and next thing the car did a little surge where the lights dimed then almost like a whine sound came out of the car then the Service Engine Soon light came on. I thought to myself this could be some dumb emission sensor or o2 sensor. The funny thing is that exactly 3 weeks prior the same thing happened, but 2 days after it happened I wanted to take the TA to Pittsburgh so I drove down, and on the way back I got home, turned the car off at the gas station got back in and the light went off. So what do you all think it could be. Just wondering. I dont know if ill be able to hook it up to my buds lap top in the next few days! Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mike
Old 08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm thinkin alternator

when the alternator on my LT1 went, it sounded like i was driving around a car powered by a jet engine. Loud as hell and sounded really really bad... the fact that the lights dimmed makes it seem like it lost some power ... but if it got better and then went bad again, that's kinda weird... and probably uncharacteristic of a bad alt.

if you can get it to a friends place to scan it, obviously that's gonna help.