Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ETP 215's on a Vette/Who has 'em

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006 | 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default ETP 215's on a Vette/Who has 'em

Went to throw the alternator on today and no deal. Hits on the valve cover even without the coil packs on. Put the coil packs on an obviously it gets worse. I'm about an inch away from fitting. If you have them on your vette, how'd you make the alternator fit without hacking everything up. I think I should have bought AFR's.
Old 08-12-2006 | 06:18 PM
Flow Wizard

I'm pretty sure you have to relocate the alternator slightly and run a longer belt. Check with Andy at A&A Corvette....I know he has installed a handful of ET heads on C5's. You will probably need to modify or add some sort of extension bracket to the current alternator mount. Your plastic beauty covers that go over the coil packs aren't going to fit correctly either (if you care)....the position of the valve covers is higher changing that fitment as well.

Good luck....with a little ingenuity I'm sure all those details can be worked out.

Tony M.
Old 08-12-2006 | 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the replyTony. My brother was over today and is a tool maker. He also believes he can fab something up. My belt is too short also as you pointed out, as well as my wires from the looks of it (another $100). It was my understanding that this was an early issue that had been resolved. I sure hope these things perform well.