Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help and Advice - Long

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help and Advice - Long

Here's what's going on folks - I blew up my 04 GTO during opening day at Byron, IL performing a nitrous run. After that, I wanted to upgrade to a forged 383.

Anyway, I took it to a performance shop near my house (supposedly w/a good reputation, but not a sponser from here) in May who pulled the engine out and I fried the valves in #7 and did some ring damage. I was told the shop could build a me a forged set-up with the block machined, install an Eagle 4" crank, install the new AFR 205s, the F-13, do some other **** and be ready to go in a few weeks. I called occasionally to get progress and was told the machine shop was behind, bla bla. This went from weeks to a few months; then after getting real pissed, I take a surprise ride to the shop.

Low and behold, the original engine and tranny are sitting next to the car and the folks he shares the shop with (different company) tell me he's out of there. ****!!!

The up front funds less the engine removal have been returned to my account (man, did I get lucky with that) and car is being towed back to my house in the next day or two. History aside, what do I now do??

Obvious answer to me is a shortblock however would anything bigger than a 383 work with the AFR205s and the FM-13? It seems to me I would be choking off any bigger displacement.

What shortblock options do I have, where to buy with a good reputation, and finally, price feedback would be great.

Thanks for the help folks,

Roy

Last edited by Roy V.; 08-16-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roy V.
History aside, what do I now do??

How much money do you want to spend?

I would say to find a shop (that others on here use) and trailer the car there.

Build a 427, whatever - it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$