Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...sounds like an o-ring issue to me.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought… The spacer that goes on the right side of that pump will bolt up two different ways, but only one of those ways will allow full flow of oil.

Make sure that the spacer is matched up to the oil port and the bolt holes. Next apply a thin layer of Ultra Grey RTV to both sides of the spacer and stick it in place. This RTV will also hold the spacer in place for you while you bolt the pump in place.

I just installed that chain with my stock oil pump and had zero problems at all. My oil pressure is actually slightly higher than it was to start with.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My oil pressure is back!

I did 3 things: put the stock pump back on, re-surfaced the spacers (pretty sure this was the problem because of the burrs I left around the mount holes to enlarge them), and put 2 o-rings on the pick-up tube (why not?).

I always put pumps on dissasembled, and RTV the spacers in place to ensure the oil passage is lined up properly... and to make sure the o-ring(s) are not pinched.

Let it idle only for a few minutes, it was 1200am so I didnt want to **** off the neihbors. Rock solid 55psi at temperature, increases with throttle. No drop to zero, Nice.
I think the LS6 pump is fine, and Ill reinstall it on the next oil change. I dont wanna waiste another pan full of new oil again...

Thanks for all the replies. I can now enjoy the new cam and heads!

-G

Last edited by lowprofile; 09-14-2006 at 09:17 AM.