Sponsored by:

early 98 pistons

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default early 98 pistons

Hey all,

I need some help figuring out what's out there that'll fit this block. I need a set of pistons to suit. Running a trex, and would like if possible to gain a little compression from this or the ability to mill and achieve it that way by virtue of having valve reliefs. I am looking for a lower end or more affordable piston as I am forced to do this and had no intention of touching the bottom end for the forseeable future..... oh well.

Now it's a 98 block and I'm being told by my machinist that this paticular block can only go 5 over and needs a piston to suit a .944/.945 wrist pin, and 6.098 rod length.

So far I've only found wiseco's that fit the bill. Anything else out there that some of you more knowledgeable guys can point me to? Especially if it's a generally cheaper alternative to wiseco.

I know I should prolly go with new rods since I'm in there anyway, but since I was only planning to run it n/a and spin it to 6.8 - 7k I don't think I need the added strength of better rods ( rod bolts of course as well as all other fasteners since it's opened ) or pistons for that matter and this is eating into the funds to get the car all together. Picked up a motor on here that was supposed to be good and straight but it turns out it has several hurt bearings and one hurt piston along with some block warpage that I now need to correct.... so help a brother out
Old 09-21-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im on the same boat