Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Cam Package

Old 11-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Cam Package

Im going to be ordering the tsp Torquer v2 cam package with the dual springs and pushrods.Do i need Ti retainers with this setup,or is the package complete and ready for install.i am also getting the ls6 ported oil pump,and ls2 timing set.What else would i need to make this package complete,anything crosses your thoughts please help me out,i want to do this right the first time...thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

make sure add on the basic gm cam gasket kit, its like 43.99 on tsp's website. it has all the bolts and gaskets you need. maybe new rockers too? im not really sure about those, ill wait for someone else to chime in. also, you guys think he would need the ported ls6 pump or just the regular one? stock lifters should be ok right?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

The package with the dual springs comes with ti retainers i believe. It comes with new valve seals and seats as well. (btw, the kit also includes the pushrods)

I just placed my order. I went with ls2 timing chain, and ls6 ported oil pump with a similar cam. The gasket kit would be a blessing so you dont have to go around tracking down gaskets, and it comes with a bigger crankshaft bolt.

One thing I really didnt factor into my install was tuning. But i think i got that figured out now.

Since the spark plugs are gonna be out, might as well change em if you havent in a while. TSP sells tr-55s at the right price (or tr-6 for nitrous or boosted applications).
Old 11-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the replys guys,ill be ordering this week and your input really helps.Now i cant wait till the torquer v2 in my car to make her growl.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSP Cam Package