Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marbles loose in the engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marbles loose in the engine

o.k. guys, i got my car dynoed last week with 15k miles on it and only a lid/k&n and while on the dyno, for the first time, i head helacious (or what i thought to be) pinging from about 4500rpm on. sean at fastech said that this type of detonation was typical on most of the ls1's he's seen, and i could get different spark plugs (TR6's gapped about .38) and it might help. well i don't have time to do that right now, but i've been putting in a little bit of octane boost to reduce the pinging. the dynograph shows the detonation starting around 4200rpms.
i just got this car 2 weeks ago and my last T/A didn't have this much detonation on the dyno. with the windows rolled down and the engine under load, it pings every time above 4500rpms. help me please....what can i do?

brandon
Old 12-08-2001, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Marbles loose in the engine

I had some pinging after I did my induction mod's. MAFT took care of that. No more pinging. None.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Marbles loose in the engine

thanks Kyle. how much was the translator. how easy was the install and where can i find calibration techniques. is it pretty easy to use. thanks again. is there only one maft produced (i.e. just one company?).

brandon