Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek Cam Selection.. Need Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 11:35 PM
D(irecto)r Pepper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cartek Cam Selection.. Need Advice...

Is your car an A4 or a M6?

Do you plan on getting any computer tuning done to it?

Why are you planning on using these cams? Do you know other racers who have used them successfully?
BEFORE you go and spend your hard earned money.... do a LOT of research... look at what other are using. find a car that is performing how you wish yours was... and copy it or try and pick parts that are VERY similar to it but maybe that would help you to achieve you and your cars performance goals.

Good luck.

P.S., Dont choose a cam blindly...choose the cam YOU want.

Check out
http://xs-fx.com/raughammer/cam_info.htm
for a little more CAM info.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek Cam Selection.. Need Advice...

I am getting a Stage II head and Cam package installed at Cartek starting next Saturday and I have some questions.
Dave from Cartek had recommended their M cam which has the following specs... 218/222 113 .562/.562

That sounds like a medium cam and not very aggressive. I am looking for a really nice grumble similar to a GM Hotcam, and was wondering if Carteks H cam which has these specs... 222/226 113 .567/.567 lift would be better for me?

I trust Dave's opinion from Cartek a lot, but since I am spending a lot of money, I like to have other opinions as well..

Anyone who knows heads and cams very well? Can you give me some advice on which one I should choose? Would the H cam that is more aggressive make my HP peak out of my usable RPM range?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dan