Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable CC timing chain

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default adjustable CC timing chain

Sorry, but can you leave the stock lower sproket with the new comp top sproket and chain? Curious
Old 12-15-2001, 03:41 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Default Re: adjustable CC timing chain

Wondering the same thing.
Old 12-15-2001, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

I think you can but why would you want to? If you are thinking that so you wont have to pull the lower sprocket off the crank i have news for you!

You have to pull the oil pump off to get the timing chain off. you have to pull the pan to get the oil pump off.

Just some helpful info:IF USING A LUNATI CRANK: If you do use the new CC crank sprocket, slightly hone it out by using a cartridge roll or sandpaper etc. before you press it on. The way they are sending these things to us, they are machined too small to press onto the crank.

If you don't do this, the first time you start the engine the lower crank gear WILL crack and you will have to tear it down and start all over!!

Hope this helps!

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: 1 Bad Z ]</p>
Old 12-16-2001, 03:24 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

[quote]Originally posted by 1 Bad Z:
<strong>
You have to pull the oil pump off to get the timing chain off. you have to pull the pan to get the oil pump off.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

You have to unbolt the pan, but it doesnt come off. I've swapped oil pumps with engine in the car, oil pan just dropped down an inch or so. Getting the oil pump is no issue, I was just wondering why we'd need to change the lower cam gear....are the chains different to the point the new one wont work on the stock gears?