Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well...tomarrows the day!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006 | 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like you have a ground wire loose somewhere. Check the grounds on the back of the heads. Alot of people have had this problem and it is usually the grounds on the heads. I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. Drive around, give it gas, car and gauges go crazy.....ground problems.
Old 12-14-2006 | 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
wssexorz after driving the car around a little more today, i have noticed the under acceleration my oil pressure does go up a little past the 60psi mark, easpecially before the engine temp gets hot. but it still idles at about 45-50psi.

well i am in contact with a tech from lingenfelter now and we will try and figure this matter out ... not going to drive my car until i get this going again
Old 12-14-2006 | 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chino_man279
Sounds like you have a ground wire loose somewhere. Check the grounds on the back of the heads. Alot of people have had this problem and it is usually the grounds on the heads. I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. Drive around, give it gas, car and gauges go crazy.....ground problems.

yea i think i got it figured out, it was one of the grounds. it hasnt happened at all today, and has had no problems starting. so i think i got it fixed.

hey wssex, hope you get it figured out!
Old 12-14-2006 | 04:23 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

sweet bro-happy to hear its up and running
Old 12-14-2006 | 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wssexorz
well i am in contact with a tech from lingenfelter now and we will try and figure this matter out ... not going to drive my car until i get this going again
maybe your oil pressure is fine, and your pressure sender got knocked bad or something.. on the back of the intake. maybe you have an external guage you can tap in and check?