Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these Titanium Retainers On These Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are these Titanium Retainers On These Heads?

Just got these heads today that I won off Ebay but the past owner didn't really know anything about them. He said that they have ferra valves, comp springs(unknown size) and that they were milled and pocket ported. Can anybody tell me if these are comp springs and the max lift they can take and if these heads have Ti Retainers on them or not? Thanks for the help.

[IMG]IMG_0578[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Are these Titanium Retainers On These Heads?-img_0578.jpg  

Last edited by tamikews6; 12-21-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tamikews6
Just got these heads today that I won off Ebay but the past owner didn't really know anything about them. He said that they have ferra valves, comp springs(unknown size) and that they were milled and pocket ported. Can anybody tell me if these are comp springs and the max lift they can take and if these heads have Ti Retainers on them or not? Thanks for the help.

[IMG]IMG_0576[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0574[/IMG]
no picture, try again
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 PM

Try to stick a magnet to them? Being they're not behive they probably are Titanium.

Who is the chick with the white sweater in the Christmas card?

Ben T.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

The pic is there but I still can't figure out how to get them so they are the full size.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

My sisters friend. I can hook you up. Do you know anything about the springs. How can I tell which comp cam springs they are and how much lift can they take? Thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those look to be titanium. Titanium has a real bright silver look to it while steel is a darker metal. Those look like Patriot Gold's or PRC's.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:53 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by tamikews6

[IMG] 0578
Looks like Rev extreme Springs with TI retainers. Pretty standard breaks fast junk. My advice toss that whole pile of stuff and get a set of Patroit Dual golds or one of the similar kits from PRC etc. Alot of those Rev springs have died prematurely. the ratianers could be worth something you might be able to buy raw springs from patroit if you have the ID and OD for the innner and outer springs.