Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

READ THIS!!! MAC CUSTOM Y-PIPE IS BIENG MADE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default READ THIS!!! MAC CUSTOM Y-PIPE IS BIENG MADE

Denny at Mufflex(609-890-0481) made a prototype mandrel bent 409 stainless steel y-pipe incorporating my stock GM cats,o2 sensors, and a flowmaster collector!!! Bolts up to any catback system including stock, no welding required. You can use carsounds cats if prefered( i wanted to keep costs down, and stock flow well). There is NO RASP, no interior resonense, NO LOSSSS OF GROUND CLEARENCE. All I can say is the car is faster above 3000 rpm, quiet as stock, and sounds awsome when my after the axle cutout is open. I do not work for and have nothing to gain by this. Just trying to help. Call Denny and ask him any further info you want, tell him you want the Victor y-pipe!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2002, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: READ THIS!!! MAC CUSTOM Y-PIPE IS BIENG MADE

Stock cats keep the cost down, but also the HP. The MAC cats do not flow well, about the same as stock so if that is the measuring stick, using stock was a good idea.

Some 3" random techs with 3" out the back of the cats to the flowmaster collector is the way I would go. Not bolt-on, but doable by almost any exhaust shop.