Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam, headers, and intake????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cam, headers, and intake????

I am about to order the hooker longtubes, Ls6 intake, and a cam.. My question is, I read somewhere that the hookers come with the egr gasket and the egr blockoff plate. Is this correct? If so, that means I can order the intake without the egr provision, right? But, if I do this, that means I will have the SES light right? This light can be deleted can't it? My next question is about what cam I should look at, but there have been too many posts about cams so I will wait until another time. But, if anyone is not "cammed out" I would like to hear your opinions..

thanks,
Kevin
Old 02-28-2002, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: cam, headers, and intake????

Come on, I said you DIDN'T have to help with the cam selection... right now anyway...LOL

Kevin
Old 02-28-2002, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Yes you can eliminate your EGR, I did, depending on what you do with the O2 sensor and AIR you can cut a lot of crap out from under the hood. The catch is that with the deleting of the EGR, AIR and going to longtubes you should have your computer programmed. This will increase the overall operation of the mods you are installing and stop the SES light. I just eliminated my AIR, EGR and had my computer reprogrammed. Hope this helps
Old 02-28-2002, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

99ragtopSS,
Yes, that helps. What exactly does the AIR pump do? What do you mean by depending on what I do with the O2? I was planning on using them, for Autotap purposes. I do not have autotap but I know someone that does. How many O2 sensors are there and which ones are the most important?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 02-28-2002, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are 4 O2 sensors. One on each side before the cats and one on each side after the cats. If you are going with the Hooker longtubes you are going to have to get a custom y-pipe made. that means no cats, unlesss you get some and have them welded in your exhaust. If you lose the cats you are going to have to get o2 sims. The rear o2 sensors take readings after the cats and without cats you will throw codes.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

My headers (Hooker LT's) did not come with any EGR gasket or blockoff plate. Only things they came with were extensions for the O2 sensors, gaskets (for both the headers and the air tubes) and the bolts. That's it.

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: CySevans ]</p>
Old 02-28-2002, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

no egr