Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 02:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spring Question?

Hey all. Right now my current MTI Stage II heads have the 941's on them. My car is going into the shop in 2 weeks for a new bottom end and TNT nitrous install. I haven't had any problems with the 941's since they've been on the car. My question is this, Do I leave the 941's on there or install the 918's, or install something different all together? Are these 941's dinosaurs of the spring game, or are they still good and will they handle the nitrous I'm about to throw at them?

TIA!
Old 03-25-2002, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Spring Question?

I may be all wet, but I don't think nitrous puts any extra duty on the springs.

It's only money, but a dual spring setup (like MTI, ARE, and others offer) will take high lift/ramp rate cam profiles without sacrificing durability.

If you don't want to spend the extra cash, then I would at least change out the 941's or go with some alternate single spring that's proven to be better. I've lost track of which springs work best in the stock spring pocket.

I didn't have any problems with my 941's either, but I only ran them for ~15k miles.

<small>[ March 25, 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: ScottyG ]</small>
Old 03-25-2002, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Spring Question?

Scotty,

That's just it, I've lost track of this spring thing too. I understand that bigger cams require a more durable spring. I still plan to run the B1 cam, which isn't all that big. Anyone else recommend a good spring that doesn't require machining?