Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could I get opinions on this setup please...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could I get opinions on this setup please...?

What do you guys think about a setup for a 2002 SS including SLP's 382 stroker, an ATI Procharger, and a 100 shot of Nitrous, just for emergencies? Let me know your opinions of pros and cons please. I think if it worked it would really go.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Could I get opinions on this setup please...?

The stroker and nitrous would be fine, but unless SLP offers options (different pistons/ compression ratio) it could be a problem. The Procharger will work better with a lower compression. Also, a 100 shot might be a little big to go on top of the blower, but, if done properly, might work fine.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Doing research on these high-power motors here is sure time consuming but there is a lot of info on the subject so thank you to all you guys. I am really leaning toward SLP's 382 stroker just because I want the low-end torque while still retaining a decent amount of HP and revving ability. I don't want a motor for straight out racing, mainly something for all out acceleration on the street. I would still like to find out though how a supercharger would fit into the mix, or if it wouldn't without a load of hassle. Anyone know if I could get a lower compression ratio with the package and some different pistons taylored more for SC/Nitrous? I would like to have nitrous for use less than 50 times over the total life of the motor. Do you need nitrous pistons for that? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

if it held together it will work just wonderful.. but honestly i think you could come up with something much more simple and 'streetable' if that is what you are after.

take your stock motor and have the rods and pistons replaced for low compression forged peices and then put on your supercharger with a nice set of ported heads and blower cam.

this will get you 600+ rear wheel hp and should work just fine for daily driving and street racing.

you could always spray it later but i wouldnt.

use some of the money you save to get yourself a rear end, stall or clutch, and exhaust/intake products.
good luck