Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flycutting Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flycutting Questions

How exactly do u flycut your pistons?is there a special tool?would i have to take the pistons completely out or can a shop do it while their in the motor...i was just wondering cause i have stage 2 patriot heads with 231/237 comp cam right now am i wanna switch to something bigger (ex.MS4,MS3,Trex) and i know ill have to flycut im just wondering if the benifits of the bigger cam are gonna be worth it..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVThis
How exactly do u flycut your pistons?is there a special tool?would i have to take the pistons completely out or can a shop do it while their in the motor...i was just wondering cause i have stage 2 patriot heads with 231/237 comp cam right now am i wanna switch to something bigger (ex.MS4,MS3,Trex) and i know ill have to flycut
Isky sells them, you can do it with the motor in the car, you need an old cylinder head as well.

im just wondering if the benifits of the bigger cam are gonna be worth it..
I don't think so, unless all your going after is sound.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:40 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ls1muscle
Isky sells them, you can do it with the motor in the car, you need an old cylinder head as well.

what he said.
I don't think so, unless all your going after is sound.
ms3 out of those 3, is what i would choose.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:41 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=ls1muscle]Isky sells them, you can do it with the motor in the car, you need an old cylinder head as well.

what he said.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SVThis
How exactly do u flycut your pistons?is there a special tool?would i have to take the pistons completely out or can a shop do it while their in the motor...i was just wondering cause i have stage 2 patriot heads with 231/237 comp cam right now am i wanna switch to something bigger (ex.MS4,MS3,Trex) and i know ill have to flycut im just wondering if the benifits of the bigger cam are gonna be worth it..
the benefit is more hp &tq is that what you want?any compentent shop can do it,or you can by the tools.it can be done in car. if the cam fits without cuting great,if you have to cut the piston,mill the head, to get your SCR & DCR right your going to get more HP & TQ.example= ms4 in stock ls1,yes it will fit,but if you flycut,mill the head,thinner head gasket,probably the least you will gain 50HP & 35TQ verses just puting it in the stock motor.