On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWS - TSB Info

I got this from GM Powertalk.com...

Latest Auto Industry News Powered by www.GMInsidenews.com
Branden Farthing-06/03/02

A Member of my message board forwarded this information on a TSB to me-
Subject: Audible Spark Knock (detonation) TSB #02-06-04-023
(not only the LS1, but also 99-2002 Pickups and utility models with 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0L motors)
Condition: mild to severe engine ping (spark knock). worse on acceleration.
Cause: corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity
(another reason for not squirting your motor down with a hose like some think its ok to do) In
fact, the bulletin mentions "this condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers
frequently wash the engine compartment".
Correction: replace rear bank knock sensor and build a "dam" around the sensor using RTV to divert
water away from the sensor. (swell........ make a "puddy dam".... that's high tech eh?_"
part no. for the sensor is 10456603

Old 06-05-2002, 05:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 301 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: NEWS - TSB Info

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by verbs:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by G-LOCK:
<strong>
Cause: corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does this have any impact on those with o2 simms on the backs of our cars???? I would think not?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">huh? They aren't even related... two totally different things.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nic00Z28M6:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by verbs:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by G-LOCK:
<strong>
Cause: corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does this have any impact on those with o2 simms on the backs of our cars???? I would think not?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">huh? They aren't even related... two totally different things.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahaha

I was reading o2 sensor when it said knock sensor!!!hahaahahahah
Old 06-11-2002, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where physically is the knock sensor?
Old 06-11-2002, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,661 Likes on 1,191 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Viper:
<strong>Where physically is the knock sensor?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Two of them are under the intake in the engine valley cover...
Old 06-11-2002, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you.