Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 02:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please!!!!!

i am new to the ls1 engine but i managed to install my hooker sc short headers in 9 hours. will the install was going on i removed my spark plugs. my number 7 and 8 plugs had oil on them. more on the #8. also i am getting a misfire on the number 8 cylinder. so i replaced the coil pack. still a misfire was occurring. by now i was pissed. so i ordered all eight plug wires. after a 2 day wait i installed the and reset the pcm. still a misfire. what else could cause my #8 cylinder to act up. also ses light flashes at aroung 3500 rpms . please help.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:13 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: help please!!!!!

If the plugs are oil soaked, replace them with good ones, that should be your tell-tale sign of a possible valve seal problem and address that. Remove your misfiring cyl plug and inspect it for cracks on the porcelin, OHM's test that plug wire for the cyl too.
Good Luck!
Joe.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Default Re: help please!!!!!

i already replaced them once. also brand new spark plug wires. the coil on cyl 8 is new to. do you think it could be a piston ring. if so where do i find better piston rings. also could it be a bent push rod. please help.