Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam question

I have new ported ls6 heads on my ls1 car now. What is the best cam to get to maximixe my hp, without doing any damage to engine. I hear the 02 stock ls6 one from the zo6 is good. Just wondering if comp or crane makes a better one with more hp? Or is there not that much difference. thnaks so much 4 your advise. Im still learning!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

You probably won't get a lot of replies without providing some more info. What are your goals, what car do you have, what do you have in the way of supporting mods for a cam, is the car a daily driver or a track only car, which transmission are you running? Those are just some of the questions that must be answered before a suitable cam is chosen.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:32 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by antonzracin
I have new ported ls6 heads on my ls1 car now. What is the best cam to get to maximixe my hp, without doing any damage to engine. I hear the 02 stock ls6 one from the zo6 is good. Just wondering if comp or crane makes a better one with more hp? Or is there not that much difference. thnaks so much 4 your advise. Im still learning!!
more info on car and engine please.