Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would be best setup?? (cam & heads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would be best setup?? (cam & heads)

hey guys i am about to embark on buying a set of heads and a cam...i have tried to do lots of research but if you ask 50 people they will give you 50 different reply's....so i would like to start a discussion....

what will give me the most power with it being farily resonable and with good reliability?

i looked at john campbells pepper camaro and that MTI and hammer cam setup looked pretty sweet....
is that one of the better setups???

I have a set of Mac headers on the way so i am hopeing to be pulling somewere in the mid 400's (horsepower) when it is all said and done....is this just a dream? or can it happen with the heads, cam, headers, and bolt-ons.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:44 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: what would be best setup?? (cam & heads)

I think mid 400's at the rear wheels is a big stretch. I think if you read the topics about the ARE vs the world stuff (part II and now Part III) you'll certainly find some opinions. There was also a topic on H/C cars over 400. Shop through all of them and see what you find.

I will say that John Campbells setup looks pretty sweet when I saw it (web only) too.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kind of copied campbeiis head/cam set up in my 2001 ws.6 ta. if you want a 11 sec car and a good daily driver,you cant go wrong.the hammer cam has a nice thumping sound and it pulls real hard, but my car still drives much like stock. right now im running 12.2 on stock tires and no computer tuning. for me 11's are only 2 weeks away. good luck.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Find a set up someoone has that you like and copy it. That's probably the safest route.