Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP QUICK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP QUICK!!!

I bounced off my rev limiter in second, shifted to third, then tried to shift into fourth and I heard a grinding sound??!!! and I smelled a bad smell like burned clutch? WTF? I just got the clutch replaced and the tranny rebuilt not too long ago (M6)? Am I screwed? How can I check to see what damage is done? BTW, I had no grinding or bad smell after that incident ( it happened about ten minutes ago) Thanks for your help I'm freaking out.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP QUICK!!!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 99 Red T/A:
<strong>I bounced off my rev limiter in second, shifted to third, then tried to shift into fourth and I heard a grinding sound??!!! and I smelled a bad smell like burned clutch? WTF? I just got the clutch replaced and the tranny rebuilt not too long ago (M6)? Am I screwed? How can I check to see what damage is done? BTW, I had no grinding or bad smell after that incident ( it happened about ten minutes ago) Thanks for your help I'm freaking out.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was a synchro.

You likely did not do any serious damage.

PS, where are you in DFW?