Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!

I have a 2001 Firehawk 1LE. I took it to the track a couple of weeks ago and drove it a couple of days later and noticed some power loss. I can't figure out what could be wrong. I put new plugs in and checked the wires, everything was fine. I've checked the compression and all cylinders checked between 150 and 180psi. My car has T1 cam & K-motion 750 springs, FLP headers,TNT 100 shot, computer programming and all bolt ons. Car is a 6spd. Under light throttle it feels a loss of power, but when I accelerate it seems to clear up but not 100%. Under wide open throttle every time I press the clutch to shift it backfires. Car has always run 100% and really strong. My car dynoed 394hp on motor and 488hp on nitrous prior to this happening. It's got me worried because I don't know what else to look for. A couple of people have told me it could be a shattered ringland. Could that be possible with that good of compression? Would a leak down test tell me for sure?
Old 09-03-2002, 11:46 PM
FormerVendor

Default Re: Please Help!

There should not be that much differance in compression maybe 15 to 20 psi not 30. Burned rings with NOS is possible, or bent valves or pushrods when overreved.
Nate
Old 09-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Please Help!

I have hardened pushrods, and there has been no mechanical over revs, and I don't get any valve float. I checked the compression a couple of months ago and I had the same numbers then and it was running fine. I have no idea what it could be.