Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G5 Cam and Emissions???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G5 Cam and Emissions???

Does anyone know for sure if the LGM G5 cam (224/230 112) can or cannot pass DFW emissions? I bought one last month without taking that into consideration. If someone has passed please let me know asap. Right now I have the cam for sale (new in box, $450 shipped), and I'm going to get the MTI T1 because it has passed. Anyone know for sure?? Thanks

<small>[ October 01, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Z06_2002 ]</small>
Old 10-01-2002, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: G5 Cam and Emissions???

Im having the G5 put in my daily driver next week. As far as passing the sniffer, Im not for sure, if it does im sure its on the edge. However, in texas 96+ cars no longer take the sniffer, just a computer scan. As long as you are not throwing codes, you'll pass. I asked LG about the PCM tuning and paasing and they told me just that....as long as theres no codes.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Z06_2002:
<strong>Does anyone know for sure if the LGM G5 cam (224/230 112) can or cannot pass DFW emissions? I bought one last month without taking that into consideration. If someone has passed please let me know asap. Right now I have the cam for sale (new in box, $450 shipped), and I'm going to get the MTI T1 because it has passed. Anyone know for sure?? Thanks</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just send the cam back to us, and we can send you out a G2 if you'd prefer. It's a 224/224 on a 113 LSA that will pass emissions with no problems. However, as mentioned above, you won't have to worry with the sniffer test if the car is a '96 or newer. They'll just scan the PCM for codes, and if it's clear you'll pass.

Trevor - LGM
Old 10-02-2002, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Brandon B:
<strong>Won't the 96+ cars eventually have to take a sniffer test? I heard only cars 5 years old and newer had to take the computer test. Meaning that eventually even my 2002 will have to take a sniffer test.

-Brandon</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually its not related to how old a car is. The reason its 96 and newer is because that is when OBD-II standards were implemented for all passenger cars. And since OBD-II has failry sophisticated emissions feedback, they go by codes on those. ODB-I (pre 96') has much less emissions control and code setting characterisics.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Won't the 96+ cars eventually have to take a sniffer test? I heard only cars 5 years old and newer had to take the computer test. Meaning that eventually even my 2002 will have to take a sniffer test.

-Brandon