Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 cam with an auto????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F1 cam with an auto????

Anyone have an F1 with an auto? I'm thinking about this cam, but I'm not sure how it does in an auto with the stock tune. I can imagine about the time the tranny shifts, the cam is just beginning to really make power, but other than that, any problems??? How are misfires with this cam?? Alot of surging??

Thanks
Scott
Old 10-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: F1 cam with an auto????

i have an auto and I've had my F1 cam in for about a week. personally i love the cam. i teched my car the other day and at idle 4,5,and 6 are all trowing misfire codes with the ocasionl 1,2,3 trowing one also and at a quarter to half throttle 1,2,and 3 are throughing misfire codes with the ocasionl 4,5,6 thorwing one but under full trottle no a misfire codes at all. i 'm waitin for tunning right now but the car will idle and drive fine but when you go to stop you must bring the rpms down slowly if they drop too fast the car will die. right now i have my rev limiter set at 6600 and the car pulls strong as all hell right to the limiter. there is surgin but it is at all different times some times it will and others it doesn't. i know i'm not a automotive expert about cars but i hope i helped you out in some way.

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Skizzy ]</small>
Old 10-10-2002, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Skizzy:
<strong>i have an auto and I've had my F1 cam in for about a week. personally i love the cam. i teched my car the other day and at idle 4,5,and 6 are all trowing misfire codes with the ocasionl 1,2,3 trowing one also and at a quarter to half throttle 1,2,and 3 are throughing misfire codes with the ocasionl 4,5,6 thorwing one but under full trottle no a misfire codes at all. i 'm waitin for tunning right now but the car will idle and drive fine but when you go to stop you must bring the rpms down slowly if they drop too fast the car will die. right now i have my rev limiter set at 6600 and the car pulls strong as all hell right to the limiter. there is surgin but it is at all different times some times it will and others it doesn't. i know i'm not a automotive expert about cars but i hope i helped you out in some way.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can you tell us if you have a stall converter? If so what size. Did you drill the TB? Sounds like it would be hell to drive that thing around.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:52 AM
Launching!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a TP4400 and yes i did drill the Tb out. it isn't as bad as you think to drive around daily. some days it won't die at all and some it will be a testy bitch but in all i'm very satisfied with the cam.

<small>[ October 11, 2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Skizzy ]</small>