Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does stroker crank use same rods/pistons etc?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does stroker crank use same rods/pistons etc?

If I was to get a 382 all bore with forged internals and then down the road get a stroker crank....is it just a matter of changing cranks or are the rods differant?
Old 10-16-2002, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Does stroker crank use same rods/pistons etc?

Im not an expert on the subject but from my understanding,if you change the crank youll need new rods and pistons.If everything was left the same but the crank the piston would come up too high in the bore and smash into the heads.Diferent pistons with the pin closer to the ring lands and i believe shorter rods are required.Maybe somebody else out there can explain it better to you .I hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:23 PM
FormerVendor

Default Re: Does stroker crank use same rods/pistons etc?

If you change the crank you will have to either change the rods or pistons depending on the amount of stroke increase. May times we use a longer rod anyway when stroking the motor and we make up the difference by moving the piston pin location.

If you did an all bore 382 motor and wanted to add some stroke you could probably get away with just pistons. Most who go to a 4.00" stroke will use a 6.125" rod and a compression height of 1.125".

Quick Reply: Does stroker crank use same rods/pistons etc?