Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a part list

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Getting a part list

I figure this will be the best place to get some info. I'm about to doing some modding in a few months. I have been reading up and checking on some things. And this is what I'm going to do. A 90mm fast intake, w/ 90mm throttle body, underdrive pulley. A cam either hpe c cam 232/234 112LSA .595/.598 lift or s cam 238/240 112LSA .605/.609 lift, opinions on this would be great.(going in stock ls1). I have pacesetter headers will these do? What extras would i have to get for this to run top notch. Water pumps, injectors?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pick the cam of your choice, everybody's different, though I'd personally go with the bigger one because it will drive fine on the street every day. Our new S2 cam is actually real good too, it's a couple degree's bigger than the S cam, and also on a 112. It has higher lift too, which increases the power over the S cam dramatically. We're seeing 10-15 more with the new S2 cam over the S cam!

Only thing I'd change are the Pacesetters... They're going to hurt you a lot. Believe it or not, Hooker has some really nice 1 7/8 headers with a velocity spike inside the collector much like you'd see on Kooks headers. They're inexpensive comparatively.. So I'd look into swapping over to those if you're planning on pinching pennies. Otherwise you can't go wrong with Kooks, American Racing, or QTP!

Chuck