Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help real strange issue

Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help real strange issue

Hi all I have a 1998 z28 camaro with 41,100 miles. My mods are Wisper lid, GM performance cam 226, 236, 530 110 lsa, long tub headers, Dyno tuned, and it's a automatic. Before the cam I had no issue's at all. I did not drive the car before the tune. But after I left the dyno shop I noticed that when I drive it normal it starts stacking the shifts, then I noticed that when I give it full throttle it acts like it's going to take off but then it just makes a deffrent tone and feels like it's boging, now if I hold down the brake and then launch It will take off with out boging, and will not stack the shifts but if I drive normal and then try and punch it I have nothing, also what I mean by stacking shifts is that if I am at a low speed it will shift like 2 or 3 times in a row. Now I have looked at all wiring and me and my tunner also removed my tuning and put the stock tuning back into the car and still same trans problems. I was thinking that if I install a stall converter that could and should fix my problem, also perhaps my torque converter is taking a S***. Although I have changed the fluid and filter tonight in the trans I have not tested it yet to see if it will make a deffrence but when I changed the filter the pan was pretty clean except on the mag it had a build up of black gunk if you will thanks to all.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on someone has had this problem
Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this problem before. Its something in the tune that has to be changed on the Automatic cars to work right with a cam. You need to post this up in the PCM/tuning section. I cant remember exactly what my tuner said it was or I would tell you exactly. Your TPS sensor readings can affect your tranny shifting and line pressure. I will call my old tuner tomorrow and ask about this b/c he is the one that changed it in my car when it was auto, and fixed the problem. All it took was a couple minutes and that little change and the car was fixed.

Search this Thread