Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starts and Dies

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starts and Dies

Ok after three days of driving my car with the cam in I am not getting some funny stuff happening. Remember no tunning yet!

I go to start the car and it dies, start it again, surches for idle 10-15 seconds and is fine. No stalling at lights under a load or anything. I drilled the TB out to only 3/16" so far and have been playing with the MAF-t to get the best performance with out detonation.

I have noticed a slight miss on bank 1 and am going to pull the plugs and see what gives. I think I might have fouled one playing with the translator. I leaned it out to far a couple of times trying setting that were recomended to me and It did not like those! So I went back to my settings now. Dam this thing is hard to hear an audible(sp)miss with the lope. Even if you **** down an injector to trouble shoot! LOL. AAAH, music to my ears (not the miss)

Any other ideas or tips? This is not something I have heard as normal! If it is than cool, just have never been aware of it!

Thanks

I also still have a 750 idle mind you. I truly got lucky with a plug and play install.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:04 PM
wrencher

Default Re: Starts and Dies

A cam with a lope will cause the pcm to percieve a miss = stock tuning. If it only does this cold & idles ok doesn't stall I'd be happy! It's not gonna run perfect with a loping cam. What exact cam?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Starts and Dies

Sorry,
It is the Hotcam. I was wondering if the hole in the TB is still to small and when the air is cold (dence)sp)it is choking it down some? yea/ nea?