Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I WAS RIPPED OFF BY PHIL WATSON (matchstick)....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 12:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WAS RIPPED OFF BY PHIL WATSON (matchstick)....

Well, I just lost $200 that I sent Phil Watson (aka matchstick on LS1 Tech.com) for a spare Fastchips LS1 PCM he had posted for sale on this forum.

I sent him a check to his home address which he e-mailed me and then I sent him the following e-mail:

Please send the PCM to the address on the check.

Thanks again.

I hadn't received the PCM until 2 weeks after he cashed the check because it wasn't shipped for a week.

So I finally get the PCM and try to put it in and guess what? One of the bolt holes in the PCM is completely stripped out. It will NOT accept the bolt that holds the harness in place while you are driving the car. So I take it to the GM dealer where my friend works and have several of the techs there try to make it work. They all tell me the same thing, the PCM will work IF it stays in without the bolt because the hole is completely screwed, it will never accept the bolt. Bottom line whoever sold me this PCM either stripped it out or knew that it was stripped out before it was shipped.

So I send Phil an e-mail back:

There is a major problem with the PCM you sold me. The bottom hole is stripped out and will not accept a bolt. It is very obvious that it was like this when you sent it to me. I don't even think it is usable. Is there any reason you did not tell me about this before you sold it to me? If it doesn't work then it really isn't worth anything.

Was this your PCM or one Ed sent you in exchange for your stock one?

Thanks

He sent me back this:

It's one I bought off Valvegod, and was sent straight to Ed, and then to me. It was a little hard to trart for me, but all I did is push really hard on the bolt to get it started. Put some loctite on it if you're worried. I used it 3 months and it worked fine.

Well the problem is Phil, you may have "jammed" the bolt in there but in the process you screwed the hole up so bad that you completely stripped out the bolt hole to the point where it will no longer hold the harness in LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO.

So I sent him another e-mail:

The threads in the PCM are completely stripped. You may have forced it in and gotten it to work but in the process you made the PCM unusable to any future owners, namely me. Is there any reason you did not mention this when you were selling it? I believe one has an obligation to mention any and all defects that MAY render a product unusable when selling it. I realize the PCM was used but there is no way one would expect something like this.

Could you please explain to me why you knew about this yet you had no problem taking $200 from me while NEVER stating that there in fact was a problem?

Thanks

He returned my e-mail again:

It is not useless, maybe you should take it to someone who knows what they're doing to have it installed. I'm tired of fooling with you, so this will be the last time I respond to you. GROW UP!!!!!!!!! The PCM came to me that way, and it was never a problem. The screw doesn't even have to be in there. I can't believe you're such a moron that you can't figure out a simple solution to a very simple problem. You bought the damn thing for $50 over what one costs from valve god, so use it. It will be just fine! BTW since you keep asking why I never mentioned it, it's not because I was trying to rip you off or anything, I had forgotten it was like that. It was never an issue to me. When I went to put it in, I realized it was messed up, I thought about it for oh, maybe 3 seconds, and finished the install. Never gave me any problems or anything the whole time I used it. If it had, I wouldn't have let it go, I would have called Ed and told him we had a problem.

So Phil is basically saying that he knew it was "messed up" according to him and therefore he "jammed" the screw in there which in effect stripped out the hole rendering it in damaged condition for a future buyer.

How would you like to be going 140 mph down the highway and have the connection severed and the car die because the screw was not holding the harness in like it was supposed to? Guess what Phil? GM put that bolt there for a reason and now I can't hook the PCM up properly because of your genius engineering you came up with in "3 seconds".

So at this point he's basically told me to go screw myself and I lost $200. While that upsets me quite a bit my main concern is to make sure no one else gets the shaft.

Thanks Phil for screwing over a fellow forum member. I wish dealing with integrity and honesty was worth more than a couple of hundred bucks but I understand that in your case it is apparently not.

Chris

Phil Watson
230 Estates Lake Dr.
Crossville, Tn 38571

e-mail ** matchstick@citlink.net
Old 11-22-2002, 12:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Default Re: I WAS RIPPED OFF BY PHIL WATSON (matchstick)....

Moving to feedback section.