Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need More Power!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need More Power!

K folks. I just bought a 1998 ws6 Trans Am m6. It has a lid , Hooker long tubes,OR y pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, GM Hot Cam, upgraded Springs Also supposedly an upgraded oil pump. It only pulled 350 rwhp/ 350 tq After tuning and everything. Isnt that low? for those mods. Is it cause its a 98 and those heads are very restrictive? I was thinking of buying the base ls6 cnc heads from texas speed for 1049.00 ( on a budget) and a bigger cam like the t-rex cam and also a ls6 intake. With those 3 mods how much do you think I will pick up?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get an LS6 intake to start and see where that takes you, the hotcam isn't very big, but guys have been shown to cut some decent times with the cam and bolt ons. The intake should get you a little power, then look at a P&P TB. Both of those gave me a noticeable SOTP gain, and I have little doubt they gave me some bonus HPs too... When you say bigger, you don't mean bigger you mean one of the biggest ones There are PLENTY of cams in between the hotcam and t-rex that would probably suit your needs/wants... There was a thread not too long ago, infact it's a sticky at the top of the internal section, talks about companies marketing small cams. Good luck.

-J
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Get an LS6 intake to start and see where that takes you, the hotcam isn't very big, but guys have been shown to cut some decent times with the cam and bolt ons. The intake should get you a little power, then look at a P&P TB. Both of those gave me a noticeable SOTP gain, and I have little doubt they gave me some bonus HPs too... When you say bigger, you don't mean bigger you mean one of the biggest ones There are PLENTY of cams in between the hotcam and t-rex that would probably suit your needs/wants... There was a thread not too long ago, infact it's a sticky at the top of the internal section, talks about companies marketing small cams. Good luck.

-J

I agree, get a LS6 intake, with a ported stock TB. And like mentioned above, going from a GM hotcam to a T-rex is a HUGE jump. Unless you want to sacrifice a ton of driveability, id look into something in-between.