Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP numbers? Torquer V2, some more mods....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP numbers? Torquer V2, some more mods....

Alright guys, just figured I'd get a good estimate from y'all....

Car in question is the '88 Formula in my sig. Car currently has a stock '98 longblock, stock heads, !EGR , SLP "TOTL", cutout, LS6 intake, and a tune.

By the end of the month, I'll be purchasing/installing a torquerV2 kit from TSP, along with the supporting oil pump, timing chain, blah blah blah.

Question I have, is my car HAS to be ran through stock manifolds, as I can't justify spending $1000 for SW/Hawk's longtubes that *might* fit.

What kind of power do you think I'll be looking at through these stock manifolds?

Thanks!

-Ian
Old 04-16-2007, 03:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed to this thread...I will say about 370ish hp w/ tune
Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Kills
Alright guys, just figured I'd get a good estimate from y'all....

Car in question is the '88 Formula in my sig. Car currently has a stock '98 longblock, stock heads, !EGR , SLP "TOTL", cutout, LS6 intake, and a tune.

By the end of the month, I'll be purchasing/installing a torquerV2 kit from TSP, along with the supporting oil pump, timing chain, blah blah blah.

Question I have, is my car HAS to be ran through stock manifolds, as I can't justify spending $1000 for SW/Hawk's longtubes that *might* fit.

What kind of power do you think I'll be looking at through these stock manifolds?

Thanks!

-Ian
Then get a cam that is more exhaust biased with a bigger exhaust split. Ie: with the right VEs for your application.

Also have you looked at LS6 manifolds to see if they fit? They would be better than F-bod ones.