Sponsored by:

Sputter/Stall

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sputter/Stall

Hey guys...

I've been experiencing a problem lately that is recurring more and more often. At startup, it hunts for idle dramatically from 1000RPMS down to 300 between those areas up and down, then finally it straightens out. After it straightens out I start to drive and once it reaches 2000-2100 rpms it sputters really bad so I left off the gas, then go again, and it clears up for the moment, then it will do it again. Even if the car is at operating temperature it does this, but usually only 5-15 minutes after startup. After that it runs pretty good..... I had it tuned, but I don't think the guys at this shop were very credible or took their time tuning my car....

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this? Mods are in my sig. Also, I was getting code p1134, which is driver side o2, which I have replaced twice now in the past 2 - 2 1/2 months. Now I'm getting code p0171. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you need to take it back too the tuner and let him spend more time on it. Or go to someone else.