Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with cam and nitrous. Trying to keep up with mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with cam and nitrous. Trying to keep up with mustang

Ok, I am about to put a new set of rods and pistons in my car. I was wondering what kind of cam I should go with. I was thinking a ms4. I want to spray a 200 shot on top of the cam. I know thats not too big to make a difference with a cam but I havent heard of too many people spraying that cam yet. The car is a 99 camaro m6 kooks 1 7/8 headers, exhaust, patriot stage one 243 heads, the new typhoon intake with the 96mm opening and throttle body. I have the intake just waiting on the throttle body. Other small things like lid and stuff. Also doing weight reduction on the car right now hoping to drop several hundered pounds of loosing A/C etc. This might be the wrong thread to post this in but I am also wanting to keep the compression high and spray. I dont mind using high octang fuel the gas station next to my house sells it. Any ideas on other mods I might need to handle the spray and high compression? I am trying to keep up with a 03 cobra that is suppost to make close to 700rwhp. Hes kinda cocky lol. I know it would be better to go more cubic inches but I have another car that I will be building soon. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

also not a daily driver. If I do go with this cam if I need any valve reliefs for p/v clearence in my pistons. Also if I should mill the head to bump the compression? Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 05:37 PM

Make your car hook. That will go really far on the street. Chances are he probably doesn't make 700 at the wheels. He just might be rounding.

Seriously, spend some time getting your car to hook on the street. Chances are his IRS is going to hold him back.

Big cam, decent heads, less weight, and a 200 shot all will help. If you can use it all on the street, it'll be hard not be fast.

I'd suggest milling the heads and just notching your pistons.

Ben T.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

hey thanks study time you are that far away about 2 hours. I am on the ms coast. But I would still like a little help with the p/v clearence. I found some pistons that have -4 cc reliefs. I dont know if that will work or not. I was hoping to make close to 500rwhp and spray the 200 on top of that. I also have better tires some 15x10 draglite knock offs with the 325/50/15 et streets on them. I am also getting a better rear end for real cheap from a good friend that came out of a car going low 8s so I think it should hold. Any other help for mods and such will help me alot thanks!