Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your brains...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007 | 08:03 AM
Teching In

Default Pick your brains...

As much as I hate to say it, I dont know enough about cylinder heads to make an educated decision about which head/cam combo to buy.

I've had a look around and my choice for heads is here...
http://www.trickflow.com/product/che...ls1/pr_ls1.asp

I live in Japan, so modding my 1999 Z28 always requires a bit more planning than someone who is back in the US. Getting all the required parts and "How-To" knowledge ahead of time is crucial.

Hopefully someone who can have a look at my choice and advise me if I'm making a wise decision as well as recommend a cam to complement... if not recommend a complete head/cam combo.

This is a daily driver but I want to get every bit I can out of it while keeping it legal. In the end, everything and I mean everything will be replaced with performance parts. This was the first car I bought and paid for myself and I'll keep it forever.

I'm sure I can find complete installation procedures... I also have the factory manuals both in hard and electronic copy to fill in any gaps.

My questions will range from which cam/head to purchase to reprogramming the PCM to suit the change. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Craig
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:43 PM
Teching In

Bump..
I would really like a bit of help with this decision... is there any??
Old 05-15-2007 | 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

TFS are good heads... however its sounds to me like you should call one of the sponsers and discuss your goals and find out which direction you should go. as for the instlal guide go to ls1howto.com

its your dime.. there are ALOT of combos that are proven.