Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is wrong with this car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is wrong with this car!!!!

I am talking about a ms4 and heads car. With all the supporting mods. Motor is a fresh build. Here is what the problem is

Car for over 300 miles ran perfectly fine. After that it seemed like it was bogged down the whole time. You could floor it and it would hardly do anything. Fuel pressure gauge (which i am not sure is correct) was reading 60 to 65 psi. Before that it was reading 90 PSi. Know I know that there is no possible way that the car was running 90 psi. But It just seems weird that the car has had problems ever since it dropped from 90 to 60. Changed the 02 sensors and this did not fix the problem. Checked all the plugs. They looked fine except that they look like that they may have been running lean. (kind of a white residue on the plugs.) The car has a mail order tune on it. But it should be pretty close. Anybody had this problem at all or know what I should look at.

And NO this is not my car. This is a heads/cam car!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have somebody hook some tuning software to it and see what it's doing. Easy enough.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish that I had tunning software so I could do that. Otherwise I would not even be asking!
Old 05-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be the MAF. The fuel thing sounds like an aside. A symptom of a Failing MAF.

Sam

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
I am talking about a ms4 and heads car. With all the supporting mods. Motor is a fresh build. Here is what the problem is

Car for over 300 miles ran perfectly fine. After that it seemed like it was bogged down the whole time. You could floor it and it would hardly do anything. Fuel pressure gauge (which i am not sure is correct) was reading 60 to 65 psi. Before that it was reading 90 PSi. Know I know that there is no possible way that the car was running 90 psi. But It just seems weird that the car has had problems ever since it dropped from 90 to 60. Changed the 02 sensors and this did not fix the problem. Checked all the plugs. They looked fine except that they look like that they may have been running lean. (kind of a white residue on the plugs.) The car has a mail order tune on it. But it should be pretty close. Anybody had this problem at all or know what I should look at.

And NO this is not my car. This is a heads/cam car!