Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springs for a TRex V.2 install

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Springs for a TRex V.2 install

First off I'd like to say, great forums yall have here. I am looking to install the Thunder TRex cam, and i understand that i need new valve springs. I was first looking at the Crane 832's until i read so many good posts about the Patriot Golds. My end goal is to put this car into the tens farther down the road, however, being that springs have a shelf life, i dunno if i need to go ***** to the walls yet with my spring choice. I know i need to get the full kit with Ti retainer and locks and all, which is why i am trying to figure out why the patriot full kit is almost 100 bux cheaper than the crane. Im not one to pay more just because of a name but if it is worth it i am there. Also, if there are anyother spring reccomendations yall may have out there. My ears are open.
Thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by newtoLS1s
First off I'd like to say, great forums yall have here. I am looking to install the Thunder TRex cam, and i understand that i need new valve springs. I was first looking at the Crane 832's until i read so many good posts about the Patriot Golds. My end goal is to put this car into the tens farther down the road, however, being that springs have a shelf life, i dunno if i need to go ***** to the walls yet with my spring choice. I know i need to get the full kit with Ti retainer and locks and all, which is why i am trying to figure out why the patriot full kit is almost 100 bux cheaper than the crane. Im not one to pay more just because of a name but if it is worth it i am there. Also, if there are anyother spring reccomendations yall may have out there. My ears are open.
Thanks
I am going to be going with the same cam, and on my heads i put the comp 921s with ti reainters ect... My heads aren't on the car yet, but thats what i would use. What kinda of car? What else is done to it? And what do you think your timeline will be with whatever you want to do with the car?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Teching In

well, as for the car, hopefully its a '00 WS6 T/A that i am looking into in MD. Im gonna have parts waiting when the car arrives :o). First parts to go on the car will be long tube headers followed by exhaust. Then i will probably move into putting the cam on. The reason i loved the Trex so much is that Thunder designed it to work with stock heads. Somewhere by this winter i hope to have a turbo on the car.

As for the 921's i was reading about one of the comps having failure issues, was that those? Thanks for the reply
Old 06-04-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the 918's have had failures recently. Infact ive spoken to a few guys at a party this weekend that have had them fail recently.

Im a big fan of the gold dual springs. Hard to beat, especially for the money...