Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!!! help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!! help!!

To make a very long story short. My warrnty finally gave me a new motor. i have a few question. My car is a 2001 camaro SS

Before i start i would like to thank all of u in advance for all your usefull advice and opinions.

1. How many miles sholuld i put on it till i can actually drive the car?

This one is a little different. Now the dealership had to reuse a few of my parts like my intake. Now on my defective motor the rings were failing and there was (enourmous_(sp)) ammounts of blow by in the crank case. The oil was being pushed thgough the breather hose at the top of my passenger side valve cover, the one that returns to the throttle body. If the motor turned any thing above 4 thousand RPM it would pump my throttle body full of oil. So my engine was just a BIG OIL PUMP. It was so bad that oil was getting on my maf. Now this is rediclious ammounts of oil im talking about here. The intake peice that u replace smooth bellows with (sorry for description) had oil in it also. Now i have about 300 mi on the new motor. The power diff. is very noticible, but btween 2500 and 2600 the power curve has a very noticible flat spot. It did this horribly before the engine swap so i was wondering if all this oil could have fvcked up my maf, my coil packs, or if my O2 sensorsare bad beacuse i seriously doubt if they replaced them. OR is my intake so saturated with oil that i need a new one.

Im extremely excited about the new motor but im still hesitant. i hope i receive some helpful information. if any of you want to hear the whole story pm me i garuntee u will find it very interesting.

ps i apologize for my typing skills haven't been on in a long time my comp is a major P.O.S. and ignore the post count had to start a new screen name