Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Cam Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 04:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads Cam Setup

I'm lookin into a Heads Cam setup for my 2000 Trans Am. Just wondering what you the going rate is for a complete heads cam swap.

I'd probably be going with a better timing set for the engine as well. Just kinda curious to see what everyone is paying for these kinds of swaps.

Also... is it worth it for me to buy a set of LS6 heads to have them worked on? Goal is 440whp on the stock bottom end. I want to keep the revs no higher then 6500rpms (Will be replacing rod bolts as well). I really want to try to keep myself from spinning a bearing or throwing a rod... crap like that. I know the best method for that is not doing spin it that high at all but ya know. Doing whatever I can to make sure it don't happen. :-)
Old 06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

I know this question is asked a lot but I was hoping for at least a few replies
Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your questions are very general and there are many ways to get where you want to go. Alot of the people on here do most of their own work so they can't tell you what someone else will charge you to do it. And the price you are going to pay will vary greatly depending on what parts you use. You can get heads for $1000 - $2500+. I would recommend that you spend a few hours researching here and then call or email a couple of the sponsors that sell and install head/cam packages and you will get some very good advice and know what it will cost. If your on a budget like most of us are, take a look at the heads from TSP, Patriot & Dart.