Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what broke? Help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what broke? Help please

So I change my oil yesterday and I pull the drainplug only to find about 8-10 rollers from some needle bearings on my drainplug. I am thinking broken lifter but I am praying a rocker arm. Either way I need to pull the motor apart and get all the little rollers out of my oil or they are going to get into my pickup tube and bye bye motor correct haha, or will the screen on the pickup tube keep them out
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't panic, it's the rockers. No need to pull the motor apart, 99.9% of the time they will find their way to the oil pan w/o an issue. Replace the rockers asap.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
Don't panic, it's the rockers. No need to pull the motor apart, 99.9% of the time they will find their way to the oil pan w/o an issue. Replace the rockers asap.
Yeah, that is what it is. You can just send the rockers to NASTY PERFORMANCE and get a Harland Sharp upgrade rebuilt on them for like ~$260.
Better trunions and no more spills.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

is the rocker going to look F***ed up as soon as i take the valve covers off or will I need to actually unbolt it and see how it feels to tell it its messed or not
Old 07-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

yep it was a rocker arm I am just going to replace the broken one right now because my friend has a spare but the side of it on the shaft had broken open and the needles fell out only on one side of the rocker arm though so I sure hope the pickup screen caught the pieces of the rocker arm otherwise new shortblock here I come