Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting ready for heads install

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting ready for heads install

I recentlly purchased the PRC 2.5, 5.3 heads and me and a buddy are going to do the install in my garage, there are a few things that i am wondering about the install. I was trying to figure out if it was worth it to go ahead and purchase new rocker arms and if so what company should i go with, i have the tsp 7.400 Chromemoly Hardened Pushrods will the be strong enough for the prc double sprinds that are installed on these heads, and if anyone knows of a good write up on the head install let me know thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well IMO i would not replace your rocker arms. The stock rocker arms work great, unless you have the money to blow i would leave the stock ones in there. As far as the pushrods they also do not need to be replaced. They are all made from the same company and really no one is stronger then the other. Here is a great write up on your head install: http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=3

Hope this helps. Goodluck.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you keep your stockers have them rebuilt by harlan. A friend had one come apart and he had to send his 3 week old heads to the machine shop to get fixed.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Harland quoted me $250 to rebuild my stockers, that seems like awfully close to the cost of some yella terras...

My stock rocker arms appear to have a ton of slop in the fulcrum bearings, is that normal??? All 16 of them have the same amount of slop.