Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the MTI C2 Cam!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 11:33 AM
PR Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about the MTI C2 Cam!!

I am looking to get this cam and I have a few question. I tried the search feature but it didn't bring anything up. I plan on running the cam with stock heads for now. Will the cam perform well with the stock heads? Will I have problems with going through springs if I use the Manley springs on a daily driver? How reliable is this cam in a daily driver. Where would I have to shift to get the full potential of this cam 6600+? Also what is the powerband of the cam? TIA

Old 05-18-2003, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Question about the MTI C2 Cam!!

Hey bro whats up? Im using this cam as you might now already and I love it. Im using it with stock heads now and no complaints yet. Do you have a M6? Fortunate for me, I picked up 52rwhp with this cam. Im not sure what kind of numbers you will pick up, but Im sure that they will be good. Im running the Manley valvetrain that I picked up at MTI also and theyre doing just fine. Everything you need is in the package: chromoly pushrods with MTI stampings, springs with matching titanium retainers. You can use your stock keepers, rockers, and lifters. Jason set my rev limiter at 6700 and idle at 800. He originally put it at 900 but I asked him to lower it back down so that I could have a bit more of a thump to it. The lower you go with the idle, the better it will sound but the higher the chance of it dying. Lots of people may say it surges a lot, but honestly, it does it probably the same as the stock one does, maybe just a tad more. The cam was a definate night and day difference and I would highly recommend it. Hope this helps. Later
Old 05-18-2003, 01:03 PM
PR Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much man, just chilling for the summer until summer school starts. Do you still have the stock ls1 intake or did you upgrade to the ls6?
Old 05-18-2003, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got the LS6. Im not sure when I did it, but I know it was definately before the cam. I finished all the bolt-ons before I moved internal. Youll probably see more gains out of a cam if you were to have most to all the bolt-ons. JMO Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks