Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change Light Question!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Change Light Question!

Hey guys, my oil change light started coming on again (started coming on last summer here in Dallas and stoped during the winter). It comes on for about a minute or two at start up and sometimes while driving. It was reset at oil change which was about 1000 miles ago.

I took it in last year and you know dealerships. The only thing not covered by warranty was the oil sending unit, so guess what they wanted to change for $350 dollars! So I left!

The car IS running alittle different. The temerature gauge never gets above 210 but runs like the motor or drivetrain are loose. I assume that this is somewhat normal because Heat + Aluminum = feeling loose right? I know the temp gauge on our cars aren't that accurate so what do you guys think this could be. Oil pump? Trany to hot? or what?

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Oil Change Light Question!

Turn the key so all the lights come on, but do not crank the car.. Hold down the odometer reset button and tap the gas pedal like 5 to 6 times and release the odometer reset button. No more oil light... Do this if you see the light stay on when you turn the key..
Old 05-19-2003, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oil Change Light Question!

I have done this already. Yes it makes the light go off, but a month or so later or with a couple of WOT in the Texas heat the car starts running different and then lo and behold the light comes on. To me this sounds like a problem but maybe not because everyone and there dog just says reset the light. Is this a poblem?

Sorry, not being bitchy. I just want to know if my baby is ok!