Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talking About Bad Luck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talking About Bad Luck!!!

i was drivin today and i noticed some noise coming from the engine. i popped the hood and its a tapping noise coming from the passenger side of the motor. i checked the oil and everything. the car drive like ****. at idle it shakes really bad and while driving instead of a steady sou nd it cuts on and off. it sounds like the engine is about to die or something. transmission is rebuilt and i have been maintaining the engine really well. oil changes always on time, new water pump, got a tune up about six months ago. it was runnin perfectly until today. the service engine light is on. has anybody else had this happen before? does anyone know what the problem is and how much it cost for a fix?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

maybe its missing. have u check your plugs and wires?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Teching In

i got new spark plugs and wires about 6 months ago. when i had them changed i was told that its was misfiring on the same side but it wasnt acting up like it is now. it was driving normal. i took it for a ride a little bit ago and its really bad i couldn't get out the neighborhood.

Last edited by BlackTBird; 07-31-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does the code scanner say?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Teching In

the code is P0232 or somthing saying cylinder 4 is misfiring. then i looked around for # 4 and found that the second one from the intake up towards the interior on the passenger side, the end part of the plug wire that goes into the block is loose. i notice this becasue it looked different and i used a screwdriver to tap it and it seemed very loose. couldnt really mess with it because it was hot and i didnt want to burn my arms but later im gonna try to see if i can pop it back in there without it being loose. i dont understand how this couldve happened but i have one story that hopefully will come to be true if that was the case and that is when i got the wires put it that particular one wasnt pushed all the way and over time came out and caused this problem.