Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid Roller Guys please chime in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid Roller Guys please chime in!!!

Just a couple of questions. Got my 98 Corvette with a iron block 408 back....not complete, but it is running and the long block is in good shape now. Valve covers leak (really bad). Maybe clearance issue there.

What pushrod length did you go with?
What rockers did you use?
Did you get custom valve covers or 1" spacers?
Did you have to space the alternator out?

Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end and lets just say my chose of tuners (2 different shops) has not been the greatest, but I don't want to get into that.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:29 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Solid Roller Guys please chime in!!!

Pushrod length is dependant on many factors, including the base circle of the cam, valve length,etc. Just because one person used X pushrods doesn't mean it will work with your application. You really must check this for your particular motor.

I ran T&D 1.7 rockers with my solid roller setup. Since I did not have a corvette, I had no problems with the alternator.

I have used both the valvecover spacers and aftermarket valvecovers in the past. Both have their pros/cons. I'll be going back with valve cover spacers when my motor goes back in.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Solid Roller Guys please chime in!!!

We run a pair of fabricated covers on Lous car now. It had a set of C5R covers previously, and we also had a custom set of spacers for the vettes to negate the need to relocate the alternator.

Give Lou @ LGM a call, and Im sure that he can answer any Corvette related solid roller questions

Louis