Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter tool

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
One last thing to try before pulling the heads. They sell telescoping magnets. Not some cheap as pen magnet. Get one and trying fishing out the other magnet. Then you can try to pull the lifter up with it.
I have a real telescoping magnet and it works great. Looks like a car antenna. Some time the JPR rods dont go in as there is casting slag in the way. It usually happens more on the 01 and 02 I think but it certainly isnt all the time.

You should have pulled the pushrods out and then spoun the cam by hand with a quick snap of the wrist. This throws the lifters up into their cups and then you insert the rods to keep them there. I dont know how many people put the rods in get a little way by luck and then decide to spin the cam with the rods already in place. It dont work that way.

Your only options now are as I stated above. Get a good quality telescoping magnet that wont fall apart and try fishing it out.

If that doesnt work you need to pull the head. Which isnt that difficult just tedious to clean up thats all.

If you have other issues lets hear them and we'll do our best to help. You need to get my tools back.

Sometimes things dont go as planned, it happens, no big deal, jus deal with it as it comes. Tell your parents to get off your back it isnt helping matters. Tell them in a nice way.

They have easy outs for striped bolts and such, get the right tool for the job and it makes it easier.

I wish I had a dollar for each time a cheap *** pen magnet broke for someone. What the hell do you expect when you pay a few cents for a tool to do an important job.

Some things you cant skimp on. A tool thats going to be fishing around the engine where stuff can get lost or lodged shouldn't be had for 99 cents.

Go to Napa and ask for a real one and not some at the counter bargain. Snap-on sells them as well. If its a serious tool, its going to cost more than a few cents.
Yea, thanks for being understanding about this by the way. Your tools are boxed up and going back when the holiday is over.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 magnets will only repel each other Fellas
Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a 3 year old thread

Quick Reply: Lifter tool