Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hissing noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hissing noise

ok just wondering if there is a vacuum line or anything under the hood that typically break or anything on these cars. I'm tring to figure out whats leaking air but have no clue. Its def in the intake, t/b area but cant pinpoint where the hissing noise is coming from. I think its passanger side but cant be certain. Havent changed anything on the car noticed it the other night when i got home the car was idling funny and almost stalled once. car is an a4 ls1 if that helps only codes the car is throwing is a DTC P0155 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1 which i know has nothing to do with the noise
oh yea hissing gets louder with revs but probely already guessed that
Old 09-17-2007, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

seems like the noise is coming from here
Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Restricted User

you could try buying EGR and AIR block off plates, then replace your TB gasket. That's my guess...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Ahhh, that sucks. Had the same issue, previous owner did the EGR mod and cust the gasket/gromit, that damn thing leaked like you wouldn't believe. The first time it happened was when I power washed the engine bay and the pressure moved the gasket uneven and it leak/hissed like a some bitch. Fixed it with good 'ole duct tape and it caused issues every month or so. I just made a permanent fix, I bought the EGR block off kit from Speedtech (shipping was $8.80 which was my only bitch) for $24.00 shipped, picked up some $4.00 RTV and went to town. Took maybe 20-25 minutes to pull everthing off, the only left is the air pump up front which whistles and sounds funny when driving, but I'll get to that some weekend or this Friday if time permits. Much cleaner look now and no leaks......

Quick Reply: hissing noise